Friday, December 2, 2011

Running and The Hunger Games

Ran for the first time in two weeks. Maybe it’s my post-THG depression or my hubby waking me up telling me to go that essentially pushed me out the door. No matter the reason, I am so happy I went. It was definitely needed. I finished the final book of THG series yesterday. It was definitely bittersweet.

I get like this after I finish reading a book that has truly captured my full attention (happened with the Twilight series). I’m a little embarrassed to say that the chapters of the books still haunt my thoughts constantly. I dream about it as if I’m actually there in the games with them. So running this morning was a great way to get out some frustration and a great way to kick my pity party to the curb. Even though I did think about THG a few times…

The question I’m left with now is….now what? What do you read after THG? What could help me transition away from this obvious and somewhat embarrassing obsession???

**update: Ok so I am so impatient...just ask anyone I know. I went and bought Divergent by Veronica Roth and have only read 5 pages...so far. All I can think about is how I wish I was reading more about Katniss and Peeta (so team Peeta by the way :)). I'm sure I'll love it once I get into it more, since so many THG readers have said what a great read it was. I'll keep going deeper in the book and see what happens :).

Hope everyone is having a great Friday :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)