Friday, December 16, 2011

the 10 lb. race day 12 and the case of the missing running shoe

So I got up at 6:30 this morning instead of 6:15 which is not a big deal if I can get ready and out the door in 10 minutes. Usually this is pretty easy for me but today one of my running shoes was MISSING. I looked around our shoe area and it was nowhere to be found. Then I looked EVERYWHERE. I was starting to panic because my small window of opportunity was closing fast and I still hadn’t found my dang shoe. My sweet sweet hubby even got out of bed to help me look :). I love him :)! 
Anyway he couldn’t find it either….and so there I sat on our bed venting and throwing a little pity party for myself. I just knew that not running would just RUIN my whole day. My hubby gently told me to not be so negative about it and that maybe I was not meant to run today, that maybe I would’ve gotten hurt or something. I agreed and got over it fairly quickly. I decided to break out the ankle weights and did some legs workouts which made me feel so much BETTER.

I then went in and decided today would be a weigh in day.

Me: 136.6

Hubby: 139.2

I’ve lost 3 lbs since we started and it shark week :). So no I am not having a lousy day due to my lack of running. I’m actually having a pretty great day and know that I’ll just make up my run later ;).

p.s. was putting a toy away in the cupboard and lo and behold there was my shoe crammed up in there lol. My kids are so funny :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)