Thursday, December 8, 2011

the 10 lb. race Day 4

I keep waking up earlier and earlier for my runs. I love waking up on my own and turning the alarm off before it even goes off. Today I dressed appropriately for the weather..which consisted of a hoodie, beanie and some mittens. I put my hood up over my beanie just to be safe since the ache inside my ears I felt yesterday was so unpleasant. Yesterday running outside was a breeze for me although I only ran a mile, I think I was just so excited to be outside again and not on the treadmill. Today the start of my run was TOUGH for me and I struggled through the first mile. Then like yesterday I found a rhythm that worked and made it another mile with little trouble. I stopped at 2 miles not wanting to push my luck with my knee. I’ve decided I will continue to run 2 miles the rest of this week and then increase by 1/2 a mile every week. Of course I will be listening to my body since I refuse to be out for weeks again due to an injury.

I’m just so excited and feel so blessed that so far I have had no pains. I’ve never ran everyday before and so far I am loving it. I pray that I am able to keep this up and reach my goals of being able to run miles and miles without stopping. In my dreams I am that awesome runner I so want to be and I know that I will get there as long as I am consistent and don’t give up. I ordered my road ID the other day and am excited to get it :)! People here in Utah come awfully close when they drive by…
Run: 2 miles 23:18 min (first mile was SLOW and tough)
Today was a weigh day
Me: 137.8
Hubby: 137.4


We are so close and I am SO sick of weighing more than him and I know he is sick of being skinny. His metabolism is just so amazing that he can eat whatever and not gain weight. He has been lifting so he has gained in his upper body but lost in his waist. Thinking we need to go get him some protein shakes and some supplements.

I want him to succeed just as much as I want to win. Really though if I don’t win its not a big deal because this has gotten me back into what I love and that is running and I couldn’t be happier, no matter the outcome :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)