Monday, December 19, 2011

the 10 lb. race day 15

After 2 days of sleeping in past 6 am I had a really hard time getting up this morning. I knew that after 3 days off though I HAD to get out and run. So I got out the door at 6:45. Decided I would run as far as I could in the time I had left before the littles had to get up for school
.
As usual my first half mile was tough. It always is but I appreciate the challenge. What fun would it be if it was too easy? Anyway I figured I’d do my usual 1.5 run but when I got there I thought no my legs can do more. So I ran until my legs got tired and I was panting like crazy. At one point I felt like I had to put out very little effort, almost as if I was gliding on ice. When I decided to stop I had gotten to 1.95 miles with no walking, which for me is HUGE :). I honestly could’ve gone further but I hate the thought of pushing too hard to fast and getting injured again
.
I’m really excited about the progress I’ve made. The fact that I can run that far without stopping makes me SO HAPPY. I dream of running for miles and miles without having to walk and I know I’ll eventually get there :)

Today is turning out to be a very good day :)

Happy Monday everyone :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)