Wednesday, December 7, 2011

the 10 lb. race Day 3

Went to run this morning and the dang treadmill would not turn on! Now I really have a love/hate relationship with that thing. One thing I love is that it keeps me nice and warm inside when it is FREEZING outside…one thing I hate is how I feel trapped and miserable. So when it would not turn on I zipped up my hoodie and headed outside into 16 degree weather determined to RUN.

Let me tell you it felt AMAZING running outside again :)! I was literally in heaven and for the first time in my life running outside was actually easier than running on the treadmill. My feet didn’t hurt, my knees didn’t hurt and I felt alive. The only bummer is that I was not dressed well for the cold so at the mile mark inside my ears started to ache and ache. The pain got so bad that I went back into the workout room and rode the bike for 1.5 miles and did some weights for my arms.

All in all I am pretty happy with my morning workout. Next time I am definitely wearing a hat or even…earmuffs to keep my ears warm since I am so excited to run outside again :).
Hubby and I have another weigh in tomorrow morning…hope I have lost more because I really want that phone lol!

p.s. since I have started running everyday I can tell my mood has literally sky rocketed! I feel as if I am on cloud 9 and have an AMAZING amount of patience with my littles :). A healthy/active mommy is a HAPPY mommy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)