Monday, December 5, 2011

the 10 lb. race

So the hubby has watched me get incredibly lax with my diet and exercise this holiday season. I kept telling him and myself that I had to under control and was just having a little fun. Which yes, I was having fun but I had gained 4 lbs and was starting to feel pretty down.

Well my amazing hubby challenged me to a 10 lb race. He wants to gain 10 lbs of muscle and I want to lose 20 lbs, but we’ll start with 10 :). We have one weigh in a week(which was today) and there is a prize for the one who wins. Whoever loses(my hubby ;))has to buy the other(that WILL be me :)) the new iPhone 4S! Now he has the 4 with a big crack in the screen so he really wants it and I still have the 3GS SO I really want.
Basically AWESOME MOTIVATION for the both of us! We’re both VERY competitive so this should be fun :).

This morning I got up at 6:20 am and went to run on the treadmill and it was HARD. I am having a really hard time enjoying the treadmill. It took me 30 minutes to get 2.5 miles in...I had three 3 minute walk breaks too...So I am struggling but I refuse to give up. I miss running outside SO bad, but it is SO COLD out. I should just suck it up and run outside...First I need to get some running pants because I may lose my legs to frostbite if I run in my capris ;). Also NO KNEE pain woohoo!! Only thing is that my shoes HURT my toes :( They feel as if I have rug burn all over them...OUCH. Hopefully Santa will bring me some new running shoes :) I promise I've been good ;)!

 12/5/2011

Starting weight for me 139.6
Starting weight for hubby 137.2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)