Friday, December 9, 2011

the 10 lb. race Day 5

So my run this morning was hard. First I did not want to get out of bed, so I had to force myself to get up and get dressed. Then I contemplated just riding the bike in the workout room instead of running…I knew I would not be happy with myself if I did that. SO I got my butt outside and started my run.

It was HARD for me. I felt like my feet weighed 100 lbs. and my heart just wasn’t in it. I had to force every single step and had to take THREE walk breaks during my 2nd mile making it a whopping 14:00 minutes! Right now I am kicking myself for being such a baby about it this morning. I had felt pretty sick last night so I don’t know if that was what made me feel so lethargic or what. My first mile was 11:00 minutes which is 30 seconds faster than yesterday, but 30 seconds slower than Wednesday…I suppose I need to stop worrying about my time and just focus on enjoying my run. All week I have felt great and positive about everything, especially once I started running outside again. I figured I was due for a tough day after so many awesome ones lol.On a positive note, still NO KNEE PAIN :)!! So awesome and amazing! I’m feeling truly blessed :)

In the end I am very happy that I did in fact get my butt out the door and ran. I know that I would be one moody women at work right now if I hadn’t. I’m enjoying a strawberries & cream lean shake right now and am excited to attack the rest of my day.

Almost forgot that we weighed again today…see I told you I was obsessed!

Me: 137.4
Hubby: 138.4
I’ve lost 2.2 lbs since Monday and hubby has gained 1.2 lbs.

Have a feeling it is going to be a close race! Here we go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)