Saturday, September 3, 2011

Yea, sometimes I think too much

First of all it felt GREAT to be out running this morning! 3 days off drove me CRAZY!!!

Anyway I could not get my butt out of bed before 7 am and then I didn't want to get up at all. I laid there thinking about how mad I would be if I didn't get out there, so I did it! I got up and out around 8:15ish. Hey better late than never :)! Man was it BRIGHT out! Also pretty chilly, so I'm nervous to see how it is at my normal hour of 6 am. I may need to invest in some warmer running clothes that I can layer. Or just go old school status and rock a hoodie.

Now I walked for the first couple of minutes just to warm up my muscles and then I was off. It felt so good to run! It was definitely hard and I got winded pretty quick but it felt AWESOME! I ran for 1 mile and then walked. I'm nervous about hurting my knee more and not being able to run for a long time. So better safe than sorry in my opinion. I walked 1 mile and then started running again. This time I decided to really focus on my form, since its been mentioned to me that I'm heavy on my feet. I watch the other regular runners and some seem to just float effortlessly along. Oh how I DREAM
to be like that! So I was leaning a little forward to take pressure off my heels and to try to stay on my toes more. Now let me just say that I had the hardest time with this! Running for me is already a constant mental game and struggle so to have to concentrate on my form was such a PAIN lol! I know it needs to be done and honestly my ankles felt so much better from taking the pressure off. I would occasionally find a rhythm and feel as if I was gliding on the asphalt, but then I'd start thinking about it too much and lose it. I would then go back to how I ran before and feel awkward so I felt lost not knowing what my form should be. It was so frustrating and all I could think about was how awkward do I look and wow I'm such an amateur! This was all VERY DISTRACTING so I walked the rest of the way home. I'll just give it a try again tomorrow and keep trying until I find a good natural fit.

Although today was a little rough it was still refreshing to get out. I knew coming back after 3 days off would be tough but I know I'll get back to where I was soon. I'm just going to take it easy so I don't get anymore injuries. Too bad my body can't just handle what my heart wants and that is to run far and fast TWICE a day everyday! I literally dream about running and think about it all day....my poor hubby gets to listen to me talk about it all day too! My dad is a runner and I just LOVE
talking about running with him. I'll find ANY excuse to talk about running :). I'm OBSESSED and not afraid to admit it.

All the times that I have wanted to stay in bed and not go run but did anyway, have all been so WORTH IT! I've never regretted going...NEVER . Like many have said before me, the hardest step for a runner is that first one out the door!

Oh and for my journaling purposes....
Total walk/run: 2.53 miles



phot I <3 to run



so bad because I can't remember where I found this!


SEE YOU TOMORROW!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. yay! Your doing so good Kel!!! And I SO agree,you never regret it once you get up and get out!This is my favorite time of year to run outside,I love the chill in the air:)))

    ReplyDelete

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)