Sunday, September 18, 2011

oh how I've missed spinning classes

Yesterday I went with my sister in law and her sister in law and cousin to a spinning class at 8 am. While I was waiting for her to pick me up I ran around our complex a couple times. I hadn't run since Monday and I wasn't going to stand outside doing nothing while I waited. Every moment is an opportunity to choose to do SOMETHING. Unfortunately running that short distance, guessing .5 mile, made my right foot Achilles tendon hurt... So frustrating.

Anyway we got to the class and it was AWESOME! But my butt hurt SO BAD! I looked forward to standing up just to give my backside a break from the seat lol. I remember last time I got into spinning, which was over 4 years ago, it took me about a week of going consistently for my body to get used to that HARD seat. I felt great after the class though and want to go to many more! Afterwards we walked around the track a few times and then went and lifted some weights. I did the leg press (3 sets of 25 @ 90 lbs), lat pull (3 sets of 15 @ 40 lbs) and tricep pull-down (3 sets of 15 @ 30 lbs).

When I got home I had a whole banana and a chocolate TNI rebuild protein shake. I felt so GREAT! I LOVE working out and the feeling it gives me! Plus my Achilles tendon didn't hurt at all during spinning! YAY!! I'm NOT giving up running though. I'll get through this issue and get back to it. Just having to take even smaller baby steps for the time being.

I'm obsessed with drinking LOTS of water and it has really helped with my weight loss efforts. Last night I did have an ENTIRE Mesquite grilled shrimp burrito from Rubios. It was SO GOOD and I enjoyed every single bite! I've noticed the days where I had a really great workout I am starving. I'm usually better at making healthier choices, but it's the weekend and I tend to relax a little with my eating lol. There was quite a bit of sodium in the burrito so I can tell I am retaining quite a bit of water. I'll just sweat it out tomorrow :)!

So yesterday was a good day :)!
My legs are a little sore today but I'm hoping to be able to go run a little in the morning.



See you tomorrow!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)