Tuesday, September 20, 2011

just keep spinning, spinning, spinning...

So the spinning class I went to Saturday ignited the flame to my old passion for spinning classes. I am IN LOVE right now and it is such a NICE RELIEF for my Achilles Tendon. I did learn some exercises to help strengthen my tendon so that I can get back to it :). I am just taking it easy with running right now to avoid rupturing my tendon. I have HIGH hopes that after a few weeks I'll feel as good as new :)!

Anyway, SPINNING is my saving grace right now. I have been SO DOWN because of my injury and not being able to run without pain. So I now look forward to my classes and my weight training! I woke up at 5:30 am, willingly, to go to Gold's for a spinning class. BOY did that teacher KICK MY BUTT! She totally blew the teacher from Saturdays class right OUT OF THE WATER...seriously that was cake compared to this morning. I literally had no time to think about my butt being SO SORE from Saturday because we were UP almost the ENTIRE time. My legs they were a BURNIN'! A good burning though :). I LOVE nothing better than starting my day off all sweaty and exhausted...it makes me feel like I could conquer the world! I had a protein shake and LOTS of WATER, and been snackin on my fav...CASHEWS :) not too many though. I want to go do some weight training now...see who needs energy drinks?? I could bounce off the walls right now from pure adrenaline and excitement for exercise! Seriously who is the person that I have become?! Never thought I would be OBSESSED with working out and wanting to be so HEALTHY....I'm not complaining at all, just shocked at where my mentality has decided to take me lol. I dream about running LONG distances and running FAST and now to also be toned and STRONG. It would be nice to give my husband a little bit of a fight when we "play", because I am such a weakling right now lol.

Well I AM DETERMINED and I KNOW I WILL GET THERE. I just have to stay consistent and stay POSITIVE :). I CAN AND WILL overcome any obstacle that gets in my way :)!!

Weight training tomorrow with a short run...(pray for no pain) and then Thursday in the a.m. is SPINNING!

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Good Job Kel!!! Your doing awesome!!! I do spinning at Gold's every now and again to when I need a little break from running,I love it and wish I made it to the gym to do it more often!!! :)) Hope you had a good run!!:)))

    ReplyDelete

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)