Tuesday, September 6, 2011

a case of the Mondays, except it's Tuesday

It has been tough getting back to reality after the long weekend. Back to school, back to eating healthy and back to work... Last week I loved working and everything seemed to just fall into place and this week is just strange. Well maybe it is my mood that is strange. I feel so antsy and in the need to go do something exciting. Perhaps I have been spoiled by all the weekend trips we have taken recently, and now a normal relaxing weekend at home seems dull to me. I hate that I even think that because being will my family is never dull! My children are so full of LIFE and excitement over the smallest things. We had a movie night last night and watched Rio, which was pretty cute. The kids cuddled up with their blankets and laid on the HUGE teddy bear their daddy bought them from Costco :). It was a nice night and it was a nice weekend.

So why I feel this way is driving me crazy....I did not run yesterday which I've noticed always seems to make me sluggish and not so motivated. So I ran this morning and it felt good. For a moment I almost didn't want to go but I couldn't stop thinking about it while laying in bed, so I took that as a sign to GET UP and GET OUT. I wore a hoodie this morning because it is getting CHILLY! I LOVE the fall and it is so nice to run in the cool morning air. I am SO intimidated by the thought of running in the afternoon heat so I just don't do it. After the first .5 mile I was pretty warm but did not want to take off my hoodie and carry it, so I just continued to run feeling a little uncomfortable from the warmth. As I've said in previous posts I have been struggling to get back to where I was before I hurt my knee, which was last Tuesday so one week ago today. So today I took it easy, slow pace and not too much thinking, just running. I surprised myself and did not have to struggle or fight to keep going like the past runs. I enjoyed myself and just said to myself that where I get is where I get and to be happy with it. Its so hard to not worry about distance when you know its .35 miles to that patch of grass, or 1.1 miles to that corner. I was trying so hard to not have a goal and to just run but of course I did have a goal for myself...I just tried to ignore it lol. Today I ran 1.81 miles with no walking. I walked the rest of the way home which put me at 2.02 miles total for the morning. At first I was not excited but then I realized that I had not struggled or fought for it I just enjoyed the run and it felt easier. The last time I ran that far without stopping I pushed myself so hard that I hurt my knee and had to sit out for 3 days. So I am very happy with my run and know that I will continue to build up my endurance if I am CONSISTENT.

Up until now I was in a total funk at work but writing this has brought back the feelings from my run and made me feel SO much better. Thinking about my children and my hubby makes me so excited to get home and be with them :). I don't know why I allow things to bring me down and make me moody, but I am so glad I always have my amazing family and they deserve the happiest me I can give them. They are my everything and running helps bring me back to the mother and wife I want and should be for my family.

No longer feeling melancholy but feeling incredibly BLESSED to have a healthy family and to call them mine :)!

See you tomorrow :)!




                                                               photo: whittyalacity


p.s. I did not gain 10 lbs from my pigging out this weekend...I gained 2 lbs! I had gotten to 140.6 and now I am at 142.6 sooooo I am in for some punishment workouts. Can't say I'm not excited though I LOVE working out now.....who would've thought I would ever say that!

Still think all that yummy food was worth it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)