Wednesday, September 7, 2011

high heels and running = inflamed Achilles tendons

So obviously I don't run in high heels, but did you ladies know that wearing high heels frequently can shorten your Achilles tendon? Meaning when you decide to take up running it's going to stretch and get inflamed?! Yea didn't realize my trying to look "good" was going to affect me in such a way...

After all my runs they're sore and sometimes a little tender to touch. Yesterday my left one got very swollen so I decided to make today a rest day. My dad said he runs every other day and I'm starting to think that is a smart route. It just seems to be one thing after another with running. I just want things to go smoothly and for my aches and pains to leave me alone. Can't a girl just RUN for goodness sakes?!!

Anyway they are SO much better today so come morning it is ON!

CAN'T WAIT :)!

See you tomorrow!







                                                             photo: whittyalacity


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Sorry your feeling so sore! I can't remember if mine were sore when I started running,but you KNOW I'd die rather than give up high heels!!!lol! The ONLY time I wear tennis shoes is when I'm running that's for sure!!!;) Your feet will get more used to it the more you run and the longer you run,so don't stress it to much,it's just a little new to your body still:))) I love that easy street pic! ;) You sound like your doing great w your running though!I was running everyday about 5 miles for awhile just cause it gets a little addicting,but then you get burned out to,and sore,so I agree w your dad,every other day is probably the way to go:))))

    ReplyDelete

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)