Tuesday, September 13, 2011

rest day

So I have been a lot better about taking my rest days. I tend to overdo things and that is why I keep getting hurt. I am now following the run every other day schedule and I know it is the best thing for me. Last night my one ankle was pretty sore and swollen so I iced it on and off all night. It feels much better today, so by morning I will be good to go for my run.

Darn Achilles Tendon is just driving me NUTS! Why can't they just stop getting inflamed and hurting me....? You WOULD think that my body was getting used to running..but apparently no. I suspect it is my shoes since they are cross trainers and not actual running shoes. Maybe someday when I get some "extra" money(because that will happen right lol?) I will go to the Salt Lake Running Co and get fitted for a nice new comfy pair of running shoes :). At this point that is a dream but I'll get there...eventually.

Sorry I go from being positive to negative to positive to negative...I'm just wishing that running would go smoothly for me and that my body would just handle it. I wish I could go buy a new pair of shoes and an arm band so I don't have to carry my phone...I wish that people would believe me when I say I am not wanting all the expensive gadgets and top of the line shoes. I just want to run without pain and get back to enjoying running always. I switched from my Nike shox, which are HORRIBLE for running(bulky, heavy and not meant for running) so I am using what I have on hand. I have however had more ankle pain since day 1 of using these cross trainers...but I will survive. I need to stop complaining. I don't like the pity party I'm having so I'm DONE. Keep in mind I don't let these things keep me from running. I still run, these are just things that irritate me...at least right now.

I will just take it one day at a time and be happy that I am able to run at all. Here's to a new day tomorrow and a NEW RUN.

                                                     photo I <3 to run 

Whatever. There are no tricks. Run because you have to. Run because you love it. Run because you want to be fast. Run because you want to be skinny. Run to find some quiet time. Run to sweat. Run to eat. Run hear your heart pound in your ears. Run because you're a runner. Run because you gotta keep the streak. Run because you don't know why the hell you're running. Run because you fought with your partner. Run because your job is shitty. Run because you got no money. Run for the sunrise. Run for a race. Run because it's impossible. Run because it's easy. Run instead of doing the laundry. Run instead of watching TV. Run because no one else understands. Run because the cool kids do it. Run because you're tired of talking. run for numbers. Run for feel. Run to prove something. Run because it f**ing hurts. Or don't run. If you got something better to do.

- Jeff Edmonds



See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)