Monday, September 26, 2011

Dirty Dash

The 10K Dirty Dash was Saturday September 24, 2011 and it was SO MUCH FUN! There were 5 girls on our team sponsored by Gold's Gym Utah :). We ran at 11:40 and got done around 1:30.

There were so many mud pits and obstacles! So one of the first mud pits was a lot deeper than I realized so I ended up in a puddle of mud within the first 10 minutes lol! It was AWESOME though! So much for "trying" to stay semi clean until the end. Seriously though it was IMPOSSIBLE with all the mud pits and besides it is SO MUCH MORE FUN to get MUDDY :)!!! I never thought that I would enjoy doing something like this so much. I was definitely very nervous because lets face it I do not enjoy getting super dirty, but I thought what the heck why not get out of my comfort zone?! I am SO glad I did because it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G :)! I had the best team EVER and had so much fun with Nathalie, Katie, Rachael and Sara :)! They were awesome and I couldn't have done it without them.

Unfortunately my knee started to act up because of all the hills, so I would have to stop and stretch it from time to time...but that helped and got me through it :). Good news though my Achilles tendon did not hurt one little bit...YAY!! Besides a few bruises lol and sore muscles I came out feeling GREAT! I am already planning on doing it again next year and trying to talk my hubby into doing it! Well enough talking....enjoy the picture OVERLOAD!


The girls: Sara, Nathalie, Rachael, me and Katie

So excited to be getting started!

Hay bales...there were A LOT of these! Although tempted to walk around them at times I did not and climbed over every one :)!

I laughed almost the whole way through :)!

Yay!

Muddy tunnels with water spraying in! I about lost my contacts at this point! Thinking I may need to take goggles next year....or just get Lasik ;)!

Katie making a mud angel ;)

Yea I do not climb walls....I have a nice bruise on my inner thigh from this lol.

Nope I think I'll get muddy and crawl under this time :)!

The Jell-O "shots" (just Jell-O cups) were a GREAT energy booster :)!
I had red Jell-O and had some on my face after this and everyone was asking if I was bleeding lol.

These were so FUN and it was awesome when you'd step on the other side and fall in because it got deeper suddenly lol!

TIRES :)! This was a little tricky because they were muddy/slippery in the middle, so it made it a little difficult to go fast.

Love that I am ALWAYS the short one lol!

Photo op!

Going for a mile long swim lol...I don't want to know what was in that water. It sure felt icky by my feet though!



Ok so I am terrified of heights and at this point I was panicking inside, but I felt amazing once I was over and on my way down. SO empowering to face your fears!

You can hardly see me but I am on the rope swing :)

Watching Nat swing

Now this was AWESOME! I went down on my stomach for the first half and when I stopped I got up ran a little and then slid on my butt to the bottom. I wanted to go again SO bad. Although the combination of water, dirt, plastic and speed made for quite the burning on my arm...so worth it though!

Here goes nothin ladies!

SO FUN and so HAPPY to have made it to the end :)!
  The aftermath of the Dirty D!
Oh trusty shoes you did me well :)
ps. they washed up real nice...although they do stink like mud a little lol.
 
My first race...#3707 :)
I will NEVER forget it! Can't wait until next year :)!
Thank you Gold's Gym for sponsoring us!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)