Thursday, September 29, 2011

where has my motivation gone??

It has been so hard to motivate myself to get back into a regular running schedule...I find myself so afraid of hurting myself again. When I think about getting up in the morning to go run I get so EXCITED, I lay my stuff out, get my shoes and headphones ready but when 6 am rolls around I just CAN'T or I should say WON'T get out of bed. I feel like I just can't because I have been SO TIRED lately. Granted this has been a tough week in mommy-hood with the twins sick on Monday night and Tuesday and baby boy sick last night (getting up every hour...not exaggerating!). I am SO drained and it has unfortunately made me a bit of an emotional mess. I'm not handling work issues as well as I should or normally do and I am stress eating which is BAD. I KNOW that getting out and running will make me feel better but I feel like I've missed my chance for the day. I would LOVE to go run in the early evenings but the hubby works late and is tired from work by the time he gets home. I feel like 6 am is my ONLY option besides the gym where the treadmills are....but to be away from my kids all day just to drop them off at the gym daycare with someone else for an hour just doesn't sit right with me. When I wasn't working I was all about the gym daycare...well except when the sicky kids got my kids sick :/, but now I can't justify spending more time away from them. Plus after running outside you realize that the treadmill BLOWS. Granted I WILL use it in the winter because I am not a big snow person and running in the snow sounds incredibly unappealing to me. Although I will try it at least once just to see if by some miracle I do in fact enjoy it.

So here I am at work wishing I could go home change and go for a nice run. Not far, but enough to get my fix and to see how my body feels. Baby steps now since I've had a couple injuries (and have no health insurance), so I have to be super cautious. Maybe just maybe I can ask my hubby real nice and he'll come home on time and let me run for 30 minutes :). That sounds so nice...hey I'd even take 15 minutes :)! Even talking about running makes me feel better....If that's not a sign I don't know what is! 

Tell me all you runners out there, what do you do to stay motivated? When you've hit a slump how do you get yourself out of it??

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)