Monday, August 15, 2011

26 and feeling great!

I started running to lose weight. Plain and simple. Something has happened that I never expected though...I actually LOVE being outside breathing in the cool morning air. Running has done so much for me, more than I ever thought possible. I turned 26 in July and honestly I was a little less than thrilled. I was determined to make the best of it though since I had no choice. I've been very inconsistent with my running as you can tell by my lack of blogging. I started to run every morning starting last Thursday the 11th. That run was really hard for me and it was only 1 mile. I kept thinking wow I rock on the treadmill, but outside is so much more challenging! I ran Friday and took the weekend off, but got out of bed this morning and ran 1.5 miles. I've decided I'm not going to increase my distance until I can run this without stopping once! Running outside literally kicks my butt! It's hard to breath and sometimes I feel as if I'm going to pass out. I always feel amazing afterwards though! I know if I stick with it and go everyday I WILL get better. Today something happened that has never happened before, I was running to see how far I could go without stopping and I got to my .35 mark where I usually wuss out and walk for a minute and wanted to keep pushing! Seriously have I gotten to the point where I enjoy running?! I got to .75 so not a mile but really I was pretty dang happy with myself! I know it can only get better :). So I started running to lose weight but it has made me happier, a better mom, wife and a much more positive person! I am so happy and take care of myself now! I drink lots of water and am very conscious about what I'm putting into my body. Granted I have cheat days which are SO MUCH FUN :)! Some background:
After Kanan I was 180 and before I had him I was a whoping 192!!!!! I am now at 145 and still losing. I didn't lose Kaydance's baby weight since Kanan's pregnancy was a pleasant surprise :). I was 138 when I got preggo with her and 120 when Kevin and I got married :). I used to be in a very sad place, feeling fat and depressed. I can now say that that Kelly is gone and a MUCH happier Kelly is here :). My goal is to get to 120 and then decide what is next. I just never thought that running would make me feel so incredible and like I can do absolutely anything :)!! Also my 2 week challenge group on FB is AWESOME!! Those women are so encouraging and so positive! I could not have done this without you!
I need to add that when I got serious about exercising and losing weight it was the beginning of April and I weighed 172 so yea I love seeing progress!!
Here's to more running and feeling fabulous :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)