Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ok I've been bad

I promise myself to write everyday!

Anyway, the 2 week challenge went well. I worked out everyday and ate super healthy. No carbs, no sweets, no soda, no juice, sounds like no fun huh? I seriously dreamnt about bread! Haha....but really it wasn't too bad and good news I don't even crave those things anymore! I still don't drink soda or much juice. I have VERY little bread and NO sweets. I have temptations sometimes but I always feel so empowered when I turn them down. No regrets!

Now I started working on July 18th for 6 hours a day so I totally lacked the motivation to get up in the mornings and run. Then at night I would be too tired to go after the kids were in bed. So last week was a bust until.... Saturday the 23rd. I got up at 6:30 and went with my sister in law to run along the provo river which our route is a total of 5 miles. I have to admit after a week of no running and two weeks of eating healthy and very little I was feeling pretty weak. So I did not run as much as I would've liked. We did a lot of speed walking and running here and there. The trail was beautiful and I felt GREAT afterwards! We are working our way up to a half marathon(have my work cut out for me!) so we plan on running that every Saturday. Someone HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE! Although I do have one issue with my running. I hurt my ankle over 3 years ago and it still hurts! Running definitely brings the pain out so I need to figure out what to do about that.
I will never forget the man who thought it would be funny to jump on my back while I was walking in HIGH heels! My ankle has never felt the same and I'm starting to wonder if it ever will.

Anyway I LOVE running and can't wait to get better at it! Yesterday I went to Golds(where they have an awesome daycare) and ran on a treadmill(hey it's better than nothing!) for 15 minutes. I was pushing myself to go faster and to not stop, not even once. I got to 1.5 miles and was already dripping sweat( yea I'm good like that lol) and was so ready for MORE but my baby Kanan was screaming so they came to get me and we left. I was a little sad about not getting more time in but considering it was only 15 minutes and I had already started to kick my butt I felt pretty good. I'm so glad I pushed myself.

I literally feel this need to go run. I long for it, fantasize about it, and dream about running LONG distances. I know I WILL get there one day :))!!

Now here's to more running everyday and posting on here everyday too!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Good job!!!! Running gets super addicting huh!??? Makes you feel great! My trouble is ALWAYS the food! I lOVE treats!ha! I have the Ragner relay in a couple weeks,so I'm trying to be really disciplined!!!! Its tough!;)Keep up the awesome work!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)