Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 1

Last night I measured myself so that I could see my progress throughout this journey. I also weighed myself this morning before my run and after. I won't be weighing myself again until next Monday.
Before my run: 152.8 lbs
After my run : 151.4 lbs

So I woke up this morning excited but also a little nervous about my run. I haven't gone for a run in a month so I figured it may be difficult. I don't know if having those thoughts set me up for having a difficult run but it was a toughy. Like always I woke up got dressed and headed to the treadmill. I long to run outside but honestly it intimidates me. A mini goal fir myself this week is to run outside in the fresh morning air :). So I got into the gym and started my run...almost immediately my pants started to slide down so I had to try and pull them up while running (quite the sight I'm sure). Also I have headphones that will NOT stay in my ears. I have to hold the wire by chin just to keep it steady so they won't pop out every 2 seconds. I stopped to speed walk 3 times and I only ran 1.8 miles. My pave was faster than normal but I had to stop more which is frustrating.

When my run was over I immediately felt nauseas and my stomach was in knots. This run really did a number on me and it wasn't even two miles! I know that it will get better but it's so hard to think positively when I was so miserable this morning. Now that I don't feel sick I feel pretty good. I know tomorrow I will do better. I may slow my pace so I can run the whole time without wiping out.

I just had my TNI restore protein shake which really made me feel great! I'll do another workout tonight and have another shake. I'm also having a fat flush today to help clean out my body. The run helped speed everything up and I could feel it. Even though I was exhausted and sick from running I do feel better and know that it can only get better. My promise to myself is to have POSITIVE THOUGHTS ONLY :)!

My sister in law asked if I wanted to do a half marathon with her in September and knowing that there are only 8 weeks to train I'm hesitant to say yes. They have a 5k that I am seriously considering. That is only 3.1 miles and I know I could train well for it and possibly get a GREAT time, which would be awesome! I've never ran a race before so I think starting out with a 5k might be more realistic than a half marathon which is 13 miles. I'll run the next two weeks and then decide what I'll do.


Here is to day 2 and knowing a GREAT run awaits me in the morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)