Sunday, July 10, 2011

2 Week Challenge

Tomorrow Monday July 11, 2011 I will start my journey. I've already been on a journey really, but need to start fresh and hit it hard. My body needs a shock and a complete lifestyle makeover. First by cleansing my body of all the Yucky toxins that have been storing up in my body and then by pushing my body to limits I never thought possible.

I've always dreamt of being a runner but honestly hated it in highschool and never gave it a fair shot. So in May of this year I started to run. Small distances that in all honestly KICKED MY BUTT (I'm talking like a mile and a half tops), I would be red, out of breath and dripping sweat, but I FELT AWESOME. It surprised me to feel so alive and to have SO much energy. I was hooked and I was so excited to get more involved with this new "high".

Well the beginning of June we took a family trip to Disneyland (yay!) and it was so much fun. I did not work out at all while I was there which meant no running to keep me hooked and motivated. I made the decision to not take my running shoes because I was determined to "relax" on this trip (relaxing at Dland with 3 little girls? Not so much, but fun!), that was a BAD decision because for me running is relaxing. Hind sight is always 20/20, so I acknowledge where I went wrong and will not make that mistake again. Unfortunately my one bad decision just snowballed into a bunch of bad decisions(talking in reference to exercising of course), so needless to say the whole month of June was wasted. We got home and after 8 days of no exercise I was in a state of laziness and depression. My excitement and drive to get out and run was almost completely gone. I knew if I got out a just ran I would feel GREAT but I lacked the self motivation to get off my butt and go. I used every excuse and at the end of every day I felt worse and worse. I was longing for that awesome feeling I got from running but did nothing to help myself.

Well that pity party is SO over! Starting tomorrow it IS ON! I AM waking up before hubby goes to work and running. No excuses no excuses no excuses! This is a lifestyle/attitude change with a bonus of weightless (hopefully)! I will track my workouts and my food intake and promise myself to only get on that dang scale once a week (right now I'm obsessed and it's every day). I am so excited for this journey and I have an AWESOME group of people supporting me over at Facebook in the 2 Week Challenge group.

See you here tomorrow :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)