Thursday, August 25, 2011

C25K

Ok so I have been running as far as I can before I am wiped out, no strategy just run. Well today I decided to try something a little different...I bought the C25K(couch to 5 K) app a month ago and I never used it. Today was day one of my training. I started in Week 4 day 3 since I felt the earlier weeks were WAY too easy lol.

Week 4 Day 3
Brisk 5-minute warmup walk, then:
-run 3 minutes
-walk 90 seconds
-run 5 minutes
-walk 2-1/2 minutes
-run 3 minutes
-walk 90 seconds
-run 5 minutes
5 minute cooldown walk

So I have to be honest and admit that the last 5 minute run was a walk for me and then I skipped the cooldown, since I had just walked 5 minutes and I ran out of time. Yet again I did not get out of bed until 6:45 when I NEED to get up much earlier. I was running late because of my run, but the twins were on time for school still :) and I felt AWESOME!
Total distance: 2 miles

I have a mini goal for myself, I challenge myself to get to bed before 10 tonight(meaning only 2 episodes of the Office with my hubby instead of the usual 4-5 :)) and get up at 6:15 am with my alarm(which would be AMAZING)! Who thinks I can do it?? Lol I AM going to....I really am :)

As for my ankle....Icing it has really helped it to feel much better, but running definitely brings the pain back with a vengeance. I took some Advil since it was all I had and that seemed to help after I got home. I'll go grab some ibuprofen after work since I've been told that will help the best with the swelling. All in all though its a manageable pain and I'm hoping my body will just adjust. If not it may be my shoes that are the problem...perhaps I should start saving my pennies for some new ones:)

Here's another mini goal :) If I can run everyday(except Sundays) for the next two weeks then I will get some new running shoes :)! (of course I will run this by my hubby first :), running shoes are not cheap lol)

I had another goal for myself and that was to reach 120 and then go buy some new jeans as my reward. Before babies I had a love(and I still do) for nice jeans. I have many pairs of citizens and sevens just waiting for me to wear them again :). Today I am in my "big" citizens that I wore at the end of my pregnancy with the twins! Still I love how these jeans make me feel and look :) Amazing what some good clothes can do for your self image! I decided on buying a pair of True Religions since I have never owned any...we'll see though, Citizens seem to work really well with women who have, well some curves ;). My hubby is constantly reminded by me of this deal lol! He has been so great throughout this process and told me the other night what a great job I was doing and how proud he was of me :)! I love having his support and I LOVE that he is noticing lol!





                                                                photo via I<3 to run 

Also I have not yet decided but I may put blonde back in my hair as a reward...Although not dying my hair has been SO nice. Can't beat super low maintenance hair(this coming from me, a girl who has been dying her hair since she was 12!) Plus my little twins LOVE that we have the same hair color :).

Long post today....I'm in a GREAT mood and I can thank running for that :)!

See you tomorrow :)






                                                                  photo via I <3 to run

1 comment:

  1. I saw your post on facebook and had to check out your blog...I LOVE IT! I seriously feel like it's the motivation I've been needing! My baby is going to be a year next month and I have got to get back to feeling good in my skin. Thanks for the push to get going! You are awesome keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)