Wednesday, August 24, 2011

just. go. for. it.

So I haven't been for a run since last Thursday the 18th and it was starting to really get to me. I live for the high running gives me to get me off to a GREAT day. My days are just not the same without my morning run. Anyway I've been icing my ankle and taking it easy and it STILL hurts. I iced it like CRAZY last night because I was DETERMINED to go this morning.

I woke up late (6:45) when I should have gotten up with my alarm(typical, I didn't) at 6:00 am. None the less I got up and hit the pavement. I walked for the first 30 seconds and then could not stand it any longer so I started to run. I felt SO GREAT! I made a playlist of songs for running and it helped A LOT. The first song to come on was Memory by Sugarcult, which I have not heard for awhile now. It reminds me of college, living in L.A. and a lot less stress. So it was a fun trip down memory lane and a GREAT motivator. I ran harder and faster and didn't feel tired...A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Because I am worried about my ankle I only ran a mile, but it was my best mile yet :) I'm still at a 10:00 min mile but I felt great and loved every second of it! I'm SO excited to get out there tomorrow and kick some more assphalt ;)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)