Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Inspired

I went for my run this morning and as soon as my feet hit the asphalt my legs felt tired. I've been pushing myself and so far it had felt great! I kept running though determined to beat my distance yesterday. I went my usual route and went .84 miles today before having to stop. Total run 1.91 miles. Bit by bit I will build up my endurance :). I kept saying to myself "keep going, keep going"! Found this awesome picture from I love to Run on FB (see below) that was truly inspirational. On the way back on the other side of the road were two deer. When they saw me they just sat there and stared, and I was walking for a minute at this point so I must not have startled them. A bunch of cars came by and they still hung around for a minute. They went their separate ways and as I was trying to muster up the motivation to start running again I saw them together again running (or that jumping thing they do lol). I have never been in awe of the graceful and effortless movement they make. I've seen so many deer in my life but at that moment I really appreciated the true beauty of their movement. They were just going along enjoying themselves (I'm assuming) since they weren't running away from anything....mornings are so peaceful :) After that moment I started to run and I enjoyed it. I wasn't worried about my form, my speed, or my distance...I just ran and that is what I enjoy. Run because I can and run because I want to.











Wish you could see the deer better...the lighting is bad. I love morning runs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)