Monday, October 24, 2011

WHY??

Why am I such a baby when it comes to running outside in the a.m.?? I literally refused to get my butt out there this morning....SO mad at myself. I can't believe I actually said to my hubby that I would rather run on the treadmill than run outside in the cold! Yea I should've slapped myself for that comment lol. My wish is to be able to run in the evenings when its not FREEZING, but with my hubby's work schedule I would be out at dark and to me that's no bueno. I need to just suck it out and get outside while there is still no snow on the ground. I know I will be hating the treadmill this winter, so why, WHY do I not take advantage now...? Can you tell I'm a little frustrated with myself?? I think too much and let my comfort zone stop me from doing what I love and what I NEED. Now I have been working out in my house which I have to admit has been AWESOME! To not have to go anywhere and play with my kids while getting my sweat on is the best of both worlds. I do however know that I will not get the body I dream about without adding in weights. So when everyone is 100% healthy again...can't wait :), we will be going to the gym EVERY day. Because a FIT mommy is a HAPPY mommy :). Plus my kiddos LOVE being social and WILD lol!

Is it weird that I have not been able to get past 137 since 9.24.11(because I haven't been consistent, at least I can admit it right?) but my size 6 pants are becoming super loose on me? I eat 1200 cal a day and workout at home and lately have been carrying my 23 lb. son around A LOT. So much so that my arms are actually sore lol! Today I am wearing my size 4 petite (because I am so short lol 5' 2" to be exact) pants that I have not worn since 2008. I'm not complaining, believe me, but I am surprised. Being busy and going on a cleaning frenzy to get the germs out of my house has really paid off. Plus I am being SO much better about eating regularly. I used to not eat all day at work (BAD) and then binge when I got home. Not like junk food but way too much of my healthy snacks. Now I make sure to stop and eat every few hours and I am fitting into my clothes better than I have in months. EATING is awesome and I don't know why I have gone so long with seriously thinking if you skip meals you'll lose weight. I mean you will eventually(duh) but it is NOT healthy and it takes LONGER AND when you do eat you GAIN IT RIGHT BACK. Trust me I know...talked about that in a previous post.

Anyway to all you busy mommas out there make sure you stop and feed yourself every few hours(something healthy ;)) because you will be amazed at what happens. I know it is so easy to forget to feed yourself...being a momma is hard work and so rewarding, but we need to remember to take care of ourselves :). Our families will benefit from it :).

I hope everyone is having a great Monday :)!!! If there are any runners out there who would LOVE to PLEASE share their advice on running outside in the cold please please comment. I need some encouragement and some pointers :).

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any advice is more than welcome! I love hearing what I can do to make this journey even more enjoyable :)